An Emergency Room Christmas

This has been one interesting Christmas. Right now I'm sitting in the emergency room waiting room with Amy and Dan and a man comforting his in-labor wife while watching the Brian Setzer orchestra perform a jolly rendition of "Jingle Bells" on the Late Show blasting through a cheesy mounted television. Don't worry, nobody got cut slicing the turkey or anything. Dad's suffering from some tingly feet syndrome we feared might turn into something worse if he let it wait until tomorrow to check out. So here we are... Christmas night... in the ER.

I'm thankful though. I could just imagine what other people are going through right now. I know the True Meaning of Christmas and I'm thankful for the Greatest Gift I could have ever gotten through Jesus! I also have a family who loves me and I'm going on a cruise in T minus 12 days, so there's nothing to complain about.

Anyways, I just thought I'd record this moment while I'm sitting here. Hopefully Dad will be OK soon. I'm going to go play Uno.

4 comments:

Ryan M | 7:21 PM

All else aside, kind of cool that you can blog in hospitals these days, huh?

I would refuse the services of a hospital without wifi.

Unknown | 8:16 AM

Is your dad OK??? Hmm, a holiday in an emergency room ... sounds like something I would do!

Dan | 4:02 PM

I owned you at Uno.

Ryan M | 12:53 AM

How's daddio? It's been like 5 days, and Amy has totally blogged, so I assume he's doing well. True, yes?