Let's make like Tom and CRUISE!

I leave for our family cruise in like 6 hours! I can never sleep before a trip so I'm trying to do things to make me want to fall asleep.

Anyways, this cruise couldn't have come at a better time. This past month has been the toughest time I've been through in a while. You know when you have those few weeks when things just keep happening or keep getting piled on you? Well, it's been like that with a stream of incidences that have left me very discouraged. My truck was giving me trouble and when I thought it got fixed the first time it kept stalling on me. So I had to go get it fixed again. This time I'm hoping it worked because it's leaving me scared to drive. Is that just a common girl thing not to want to drive a car when you think you might be stalled out on the side of the road somewhere? If not, this fear could come from this other traumatic in-the-mud incident of mine that I referenced in my previous post. I'll tell you about that when I get back.

On top of that, I've been quasi-diagnosed with a common syndrome among women. Don't worry too much because it is very treatable! Maybe one of these days I'll write about it, but until then I am telling all my girlfriends about it so they can make sure they get tested for it too.

These were the two main difficult things amongst a plethora of other tiny hardships, but God is good and getting me through it! When my car's in the shop, I get bad news about my health, money is tight, or I'm having trouble relating to others, it's like a big nudge to see what God says about those situations and about His character. Really, I like these times, despite the difficulty, because I end up spending a lot of time with the Lord! I think that's true for most everyone walking with Jesus- they draw closer to Him in the hard times. I'm not complaining. I'm just telling you what I'm going through and admitting that it's been really tough. Jesus didn't promise a cakewalk but rather a walk in His shoes every once in a while.

So when you see me, just give me a hug! That would encourage me so much. Until then, I'm going to set sail on the open waters and see some new places and do fun things I've never experienced before.

Yeah Mon!!!

(Exit song cue:
Aruba, Jamaica, oooooh I wanna take you to Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama....)

5 comments:

Ryan M | 10:44 AM

For Preston's sake, I'll give you a shug haha. Ah, the shug. I had never heard of such a thing just a few short years ago.

It's encouraging to hear you saying how you draw close to Jesus in hard times. When my friends do it encourages me to.

Ronnica | 5:41 PM

Okay, I don't expect to see you anytime soon, so you'll have to accept a digital hug from me. (((hug)))

I'm praying that this will be a refreshing and encouraging time for you!

Sarah | 8:46 AM

I bet you are enjoying the cruise right now :) Love you bunches and you are being lifting up.

Ryan M | 12:36 PM

So... all these update topic promises... I feel so lied to.

Jenny | 6:31 AM

Sorry Ryan. I haven't really felt like it lately....
I'll see what I can do.