No words

I feel compelled to blog since I've been neglecting it for a long while. Actually, I have no idea what I should say. It's almost like I've become the melancholy personality for just a short while- sometimes I am super discouraged and others I am praising God for His goodness. I've been told several times recently that my personality really has allowed me to bounce back from hard things better than other types of personalities. For that I am thankful. I've always had a joyful spirit, and I can't let this crush my spirit.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, I've had a string of hard situations come my way in the past month or so (see previous post). It's not as bad as other things I could be going through, but it definitely counts as trials that take me through the Refiner's fire. I'm confident that God can bring me through these things with a whole heart, and that I will be able to trust Him with my life more. I'm kind of in a place of confusion, change, unrest and just plain not understanding why this is all happening right now. None of this makes sense, and I can't wait until I get through it.

I don't even know why I'm writing this or if it makes sense to anyone. I wish I could explain more, but I'm just going to send this snippet of my heart out into the void in the hopes that it encourages someone out there to keep holding on to God's promises even when times are hard and confusing. Be still and know that He is God (Psalm 46:10). He doesn't withhold good from us (Matthew 7: 9-11). He gives us everything we need (Philippians 4:19). He heals us (Matthew 15:30). He calls us to deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow Him (Matthew 16: 24-26). He can do ALL THINGS and no plan of His can be thwarted (Job 42:2). He encourages us when we are down (Psalm 10:17). What a great God we serve!

Through all of this God has opened up some doors for me to things I've never before considered doing. It's pretty exciting to think that some of these things could happen soon, but I can't get into that now. We'll see what happens. Until then, I'm going to go write a country song about my life!

6 comments:

deb | 8:16 AM

hey friend, I completely understand. I don't know what all is going on, but I think I could've written that same post about two weeks ago. Take heart! I'm thinking of you. Dude, we should do a phone date sometime. I would LOVE to tell you about some things going on here! :)

Ronnica | 1:38 PM

Praying for you, Jenny!

Dan | 9:11 PM

Yo sistah!

you're great.

Amyzing | 11:32 AM

You ARE great and this is a post I would expect from a grounded, fully secure girl like you! It amazes me how God's purposes shine through you.

YOu are sooooo loved!

*Paige* | 11:54 AM

I'm sorry things have been hard lately, but I'm so glad you know who to trust to get you through. Your words were such an encouragement to me. :)

I'll be praying for you!

Anonymous | 8:36 PM

Jen! I'm so thankful for you! You are so strong and you dole out some great encouragement! I'll be praying for you!! 53 days and counting till I come to Norman! Can't wait to see ya!