Most annoying thing I've ever done...


I took the RyanAttack Challenge and decided to blog about the most annoying thing I've ever done. Well, there are plenty but the only one I can think about at 1:30 in the morning had something to do with bottles of sand and hot glue.

When I was about 11 years old I went to the fair with my Aunt Karen and not-yet Uncle Bob, and I think Amy was there too. We went to this booth where you pick a glass bottle and then pour in different colors of sand. Once you fill it up, you pick a topper for the bottle and they glue it on for you. Well, I filled my bottle with sand. Then they took my bottle and I turned around to do something else. When I turned back around I saw my sand bottle and there was this clear thing over the top. I guess I was feeling really impulsive and, thinking it was Saran Wrap, I poked my finger through it. Big mistake. The next thing I feel is searing hot melting dripping-down-my-fingers pain. They had poured a lot of hot glue in the top and were about to put the topper on it when I had to be an idiot and poke my finger through it.

So we go to the ER and they fix me up. My middle finger was bandaged with gauze for a few weeks.

This was annoying for several reasons. First of all, why did I think they put Saran Wrap over my bottle? Secondly, no matter what it was- Saran Wrap or hot glue- why would I poke my finger in it???? And last but not least, every time I showed someone my bandaged wounds I ended up offending them because I in turn flipped them off.

It may sound lame, but to me this is one of the most annoying things I've done to myself..... next to swerving off the highway into mud puddle and driving 9 hours with mud up to my waist. But that's another story for another day.

3 comments:

Ryan M | 1:36 AM

haha that would be funny to see. Little Jenny flipping everyone off!

I want to hear about this mud thing. Especially if you were in your truck!

Ryan M | 1:39 AM

And I think maybe the most annoying thing I've ever done to another person is an iteration of the Hey Game that we played in high school. We would just drive by people and yell. Not necessarily "hey!" but just yell any nonsense word or sound. I got a poor old man once and scared the crap out of him. Then another time this kid was riding his bike on the sidewalk next to us, and I got him. He was going pretty slow and was obviously not too smooth at life, and the kid just fell over sideways. I mean, not like a major wipeout over the handlebars or something, he literally just fell over sideways. Funniest thing ever. And so annoying.

Oh and another time we threw raw biscuits at some skateboarders. haha

Amyzing | 8:03 AM

Wow! Yes, Jenny. I was there. Did you know that that was at the park on Flood street? A place that is very familiar to you now!

Love you!