Countdown

16 days until Glo
37 days until my best friend's wedding!
72 days until graduation
98 days until Southeast Asia

I like countdowns. I wish I had some countdowns for other things because I wish I knew when they would happen, or even IF they'll happen. *sigh* I wish I could have it all mapped out, but I can't. That's why I'm reading "Finding the Will of God: A Pagan Notion?" by Bruce Waltke. You should read it, too, if you're frustrated at having to make decisions and trying to take it upon yourself to "find God's will for your life."

I really can't wait to get out of school. Currently I have a bad bout of senioritis and keep forgetting I'm in 2 online classes, not to mention my two normal classes are like the worst ones I've ever been in at OU. Oh well, this too shall pass.

This has been a tough year. When it rains, it pours. I have a lot to be thankful for, and I need to keep reminding myself that things might get better and that there really is a hope for me. I'm living for that hope everyday. I've always been able to put on a happy face even when I'm really down, which can be a blessing and a curse. Sometimes people can't see that I'm really hurting, and I miss out on encouragement because I don't know how to express that yet.

I feel like Debby Downer here! Life's been good to me despite some hard knocks these past couple of months. I couldn't have gone through it without Jesus' constant, consistent, never ending, patient and perfect love. And I couldn't have kept going without my brothers and sisters being beside me. I value that so much! When I look at this awful and sinful world around me I can praise God for pulling me out of it, though I'm still a part of it, and keeping me steady in His plan. Wow. I wonder what it's like to live without that and I can't bear to think where I'd be had my sister not told me about Jesus. Thanks Amy!

Why can't I have a goal for after graduation? It's like I'm lost in this dark wilderness of options that I don't want. I don't even know what I'm good at. What should I do????

We totally watched "Lord of the Flies" because I'd never seen it nor read the book in school. It was saddening, especially when they broke/took Piggy's glasses! I almost cried!!! And then they killed him and that's when I lost it. I can't believe they've let kids read that book in schools. Do you remember reading "A Wrinkle In Time"? That was a freaky book too!

I love American Idol this season. Though I was hoping for the chubby girl to go far (she was voted off at the first week), there are still some singers I really want to win. I love David Archuleta (sp?)- he has the most pure and toned voice out of the group. My least favorite is Danny Noriega. I've dubbed him "Skinny Jeans" because he wore skinny jeans at his audition and he is just ridiculous.

Anyhoo, I have to have $600 paid by next Friday for me to go to SE Asia! Woah, this should be interesting.

I'm done being random. Van Dyck, out!

5 comments:

Sarah | 10:12 AM

Oh, its going to be so sweet when you leave college! :) remember you can't mess up His plan! rejoice when He shows you things and rejoice when you get to wait! love you!!

Amyzing | 12:01 PM

I dig it, dig it, dig it. Things will look up little padawan (sp?)

Oh yeah, you're welcome about telling you about Jesus. He told me to tell you. I was being a bit self-absorbed at the time. You are a dear!

LOVE YOu!

Dan | 12:05 PM

Make decisions in light of your objectives. And, you're not a Debby Downer, but take it easy on the Coldplay lyrics!!

Anonymous | 8:56 PM

Jenny! I love you!!! I am so thankful for you! You are such an encouragement and a wonderful picture of what faith looks like lived out. You are so strong and you portray Christ in so many ways. I know He will take care of you and answer all those stupid what if's! He's doing great things for me! I know how you feel about not knowing what you want to do or what you can do! He'll bring it in time! I love you and I am so excited for your trip. I got paid today, so I'm putting a little check in the mail. Hopefully it will get there in time !!!

Sarah | 1:20 PM

Love you! I am so excited for you and all that's in store for you in the next couple of months :) Hang it there, it will get better.