Fantastic V-Week!

It's been interesting to hear what people think about Valentine's Day- some love it, some loathe it, and some think it shouldn't even exist (refer to my V-Day post from last year). Well, I LOVE V-Day. We get to celebrate LOVE, and as a follower of Jesus I want to celebrate the greatest LOVE I've ever known from God. It's a good reminder of all He's done for us, and even if we don't have "that special someone" to dote on us all the sweet things that come with V-Day, we can rest assured that we are loved with a Perfect Love that endures forever. How cool!

I really thought I would not enjoy this holiday this year. God is so FAITHFUL! I was encouraged tremendously all week in some of the most unexpected ways. About a third of my "Things that make me happy" list happened, and it was all from the hands of my Great God. He knew what I needed- to see that my hope is in Him and that He uses His people to bless and encourage each other so we can keep serving Him. This V-Day took my eyes off of myself (which is hard to do on this day if you're single!) and put them on Him, because He came through in the ways that I needed Him to, and abundantly beyond what I thought He would do.

I'm thankful for my brothers and sisters who encouraged me this V-Week. It was cool to experience my brothers in Christ serving us gals and treating us like daughters of the King. What a blessing!

3 comments:

Ronnica | 8:22 AM

I had a good Valentine's Week too, but it wasn't what I expected. Sure there was some pink and cards and candy, but there was a lot of schoolwork too. It just so happens that the schoolwork was enjoyable and a blessing, not a burden.

Amyzing | 9:00 AM

Yay! I am so glad to see your happiness shine through. You are such a delight, Jenny!

*Paige* | 9:16 PM

That's so awesome Jenny!! I love how God knows just what we need. :)