A Critique of Daily Life for Jenny

Well, this summer has been full of many exciting things. Though I want my blog to be informative of all these things while at the same time fun to read, I cannot and will not just summarize my day. In its stead, I shall critiue the big aspects of my day. For example....

The Blockbuster movie pass Image hosted by Photobucket.com This thing is ingenius. No late fees, no hassles. You just get 2 movies, go watch them, keep them as long or as short as you want, then waltz back into the Buster and pick out 2 more. They scan in your old movies and scan out your new ones. You don't have to have a card or ID or anything. No questions asked. Simply amazing.

Because of this unlimited pass into the world of movies, I've seen a whole lot. I'm talking ATLEAST 30 movies have gone from the DVD to my brain, and I wish I'd kept a list of them. Anywho, I have to comment on this one movie I watched with Jayme and Matt (my usual movie-watching-with people). It's called Birth, and it stars Nicole Kidman. To sum it up: it's WEIRD. There's no other word for it. Basically this little 10 year old kid (who has these freaky blue eyes) finds Nicole's character and claims that he is her dead husband reincarnated. Image hosted by Photobucket.com He knows all these crazy details of their life. Anyway, she starts to believe him (oh and she's engaged to this new guy, which seriously complicates things). There are a couple of scenes where the "I'm uncomfortable!" alarm was sounding in my brain. Don't see it. Only rent it if you have the movie pass and are really desperate for a movie since you've seen all the other new releases.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comHEB Potstickers- These things are GOOD. I know there's no HEB anywhere else besides Texas, but I'm sure these things are good in general. You see, my brother Matt and I live off of frozen foods just because we really don't cook anything when my mom's working out of town. So amidst (is that a word?) the plethora of Hot Pockets, Pop Ice, tater tots, and ice cream, stands, alone and dignified, the HEB Potsticker. Easy to make and easy to eat, these tasty treats make for a great tuesday lunch. I'm eating them right now as I'm typing this. They make me feel all warm and fuzzy and cultural inside. Buy yours today in the frozen food section.

Diet Dr. Pepper
I'm starting to believe that this is surpassing my love for Diet Coke. I'm sorry Amy, I just can't deny my feelings for it. The battle for the fave diet drink begins, and I am torn between 2 solid opponents. Lord be with me.

Half-Price Books
I'm going to start a riot in Norman if we can't get one of these stores there. This is by far my favorite store in the entire world because it smells like "old" (like grandma's house), it has a cafe, and most importantly it houses thousands upon thousands of new and used books, CDs, movies, magazines, Image hosted by Photobucket.comthat are, you got it, HALF PRICE. I've bought atleast 10 books from there this summer. Hastings, eat your heart out.

And my final critique for the day-CDR's
I like CDRs not for ripping off CDs (which I used to do... back in the day) but for making great mixes of CDs. Finding your favorites and melding them together in one fine mix doesn't fail to give you a sense of accomplishment and also a sense of not-having-to-press-skip-to-the-next-song. Some of my favorites have been: Jen's Mellow Mix, including such songs as Sarah McLaughlin's "Angel," and Nora Jones' "Come Away with Me," making for a good turn-off-the-lights-to-your-dorm-and-sit-there-and-listen CD; Jen's LOVE songs/Amy's Process of Love, with Etta James' "At Last," Dave Matthews' "So Right," etc. My next mixes are going to be Jen's Driving in the Car Fun mix, with such songs as U2's "Beautiful Day" and LMNT's "Juliet". Then I'm making a dance mix with much Justin Timberlake and number 9 on one of Meg's CDs, hehehe.Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Van Dyck, OUT!

1 comments:

Amyzing | 9:43 AM

GREAT GREAT GREAT POST. I WAS HOPING IT WOULDN'T END!
I miss you baby. Do you have my process of Love cd? Make a copy of it before it gets scratched. I need one. LOVE YOU

Feel free to mail me a copy of it. It only takes two stamps to mail!