A Picture Post

More pictures and their cheesy narratives! The following are just "snapshots," if you will, of the things I experience this summer in Corpus and beyond. Sorry that they're so huge.. I really don't know how to make them smaller....

Jayme, Lesley, and I go swimming A LOT at Lesley's dad's apartments. We have to wait at the entrance and punch the little code in and wait for the gate to open, and each time I crack up at this sign. (If my profile stuff is in the way, the sign says "Do Not Challenge the Gate")
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ohhhh I'm scared!

Dad and I play every Sunday night in the Corpus Christi Municipal Band. This year, we got shirts! So naturally I took a picture of them.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Wow, we look a lot alike in that picture. It must be our fake smiles.

Ahhhh July 4th. Independence Day. As usual, we sat outside for a while staring at the sky and watching the fireworks done illegally by the neighbors down the street. Then, being the patriots that we are, decided to wave the flag proudly, to honor the men and women who died for this nation.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's a closeup of the flaf-waver himself.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I know, it's kind of scary.... but awesome all the same.

Then Jayme and I headed out to meet some friends to get some 'works for ourselves! It took us about half an hour to get out of the county for legal fireworking, but nevertheless the 20 or so of us found ourselves on some random Farm Road 10 minutes off the interstate and in the middle of a pitch black cornfield (which, we kept accidentally shooting fireworks into.. woops).
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's some close up firework-lighting action!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then, these guys (Steve and Kennan) kept lighting blackcats and throwing them at our feet and laughing as we ran away.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Later it was really funny, but at the time Jayme and I were scared.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Anyways.. twas a grand Independence Day. Here's Lucy!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As interns we have weekly meetings with the head honcho himself, Pete. We share, pray, strategize, ecourage each other, etc. I had to capture this moment of Cat sharing her heart.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's Dave and Pete finding answers in God's Word. Look at that discipleship in action! Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I love my 10th and 11th grade girls... even when they are *ahem* longhorns. Steph and I tend to battle it out t-shirt style.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ahhhh slumber parties! Last weekend we all got together at Corries for a fab time. We ended up having some fun with whipped cream on the front lawn.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We were trying to throw it in the air and have someone catch it in their mouths.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then they mananged to pull a covert op and they all tackled me with their whipped cream! I felt loved..... even though I smelled like dairy product the rest of the night...Image hosted by Photobucket.com

AnneMarie and Sarah had fun with it too....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"Goin to tha HOOKS GAME!" Wow, this was a fun time at the ballpark. Corpus recently started like a triple A ball team, called the Hooks (like... fish hooks...) We won, 1 to 0. Remember to catch a memory! Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Action shot!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There's the Mascot! I don't know what his name is... but there's this other mascot guy named Rusty, who's a big silver fishing hook with a huge smile. I didn't get a picture of him though.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then we crammed like 27 people in a van. I was in the front seat, so I took the picture. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Anyhoo.. that's long enough. Hope you enjoyed it. If you did, COMMENT! Peace out!

6 comments:

Dan | 1:57 PM

That was totally rad! I love the pictures, keep them coming!

Dan | 1:58 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amyzing | 2:08 PM

'Twas awesome. I love seeing pictures of the fam. I should set up photobucket so I can post my own pictures. Sigh. You rock Jenny. Those pictures of you and Dad are HILARIOUS. Hopefully Dan and I can see you guys play in the band!

Amyzing | 2:09 PM

P.S. Dan....this is another opportunity to bail...you have seen all the evidence....

Good thing you love me and my sister so much!

Holly | 2:36 PM

:) this is a comment. i hear you don't like it when people read and don't comment. so, i was here. i love you mucho! oh, and if you see tygre's parents, can you , like, hug them mucho for my t-shirt? thanks!

Jenny | 6:00 PM

wow... 6 comments in like 3 hours... I'm impressed guys! It must be the pictures or something.